Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Machine is Us/ing Us

I have always been online, I grew up in the online generation with an internet connection in 7th grade. I saw the internet change and develop, but I never saw Web 2.0 as any sort of revolution, I simply saw it as slow changes here and there. When I stumbled upon this you tube video a few months ago, it was a mind bending experience for me. The internet did change, and I guess I was one of the last people to realize it. It's only about four minutes long but is a good introduction to the change in technology behind the internet.

This video was made by Professor Wesch, a Cultural Anthropologist at Kansas State University and his point of view is fairly unique compared to many other experts because of his background.

The video can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLlGopyXT_g
Professor Wesch's page is: http://www.ksu.edu/sasw/anthro/wesch.htm

1 comment:

Axlecrusher said...

I like the ending. Although I feel it is a bit dated just 3 years later.